Saturday 8 February 2014

February already?!

Hello everyone!

I can't believe it is February already, I need to get my head down and do these last assignments and preferably NOT leave them to the last minute this time! I think I am on track now and if I put my mind to it I should definitely be able to knuckle down and do these assignments in good time.
I only have two (yes.TWO!) assignments left which are due in just before we leave for Easter.
I am more focused on my exams which are in May of this year...I am getting quite stressed!
Exams aren't my favourite thing to do I have to say, I am not good under exam conditions :(

I was thinking in this post I could tell you all how I have dealt with exams in the past and what I'm going to try to do for my exams later on in the year:

  1. Do things that chill me out when coming up to exam period, like listen to music or whatever floats your boat.
  2. Don't over complicate things, I try not to listen to what my friends have revised on the day of the exam because if I haven't revised the same things I would seriously panic and therefore do worse in my exam because I'm so stressed.
  3. Set myself a revision timetable, so 'on Monday 1 hour on Physics' or something similar, this gives me a plan and I can see what I'm supposed to do on each day, it also helps me to give each topic the same amount of revision time because otherwise I would get all confused and forget what I have revised enough of and what I actually need to revise.
  4. Early nights! These are key when taking exams, there is absolutely no use in staying up all night revising because you'll be extra tired in the exam and if worst comes to worst fall asleep and sleep through the exam!
  5. Eat breakfast. There is absolutely nothing worse than having to sit a 2/3 hour exam and your stomach rumbles half way through and then all you can think about it food. It takes your mind away from the exam and then you're left off topic and hungry!



I have been going home a lot recently for birthdays etc, and this is making me so excited for April when I get to go home for three weeks!!

Megan!

No comments:

Post a Comment