Saturday 17 May 2014

Understanding Education and Schooling (Exam Overview)

Ok so here's exam overview part 2, and in this post I am going to describe as best as I can the main things you should know about my second exam which is from the topic Understanding Education and Schooling. This topic covers a wide variety about education as a whole.. and the best thing about this exam is that we have been given the questions already!


So, what happens is a few months before our exams we are given five questions to choose from and you only choose two to answer...sounds easy right?! Each question relates to something we have covered in this particular unit and basically you just pick the ones you think you can answer the best.
I have picked a question about learning styles and behaviourism for mine and all I have to revise are the lecture notes and slides to do with these two topics.


This is by far the easier exam to revise for out of the two because its obvious what exactly I need to revise, however, I have to say I'm not doing too bad at Social Constructions either.. touch wood!
There's not a whole lot I can say about this exam because I'm only revising two particular topics within the unit as there is no need for me to learn anything else, as long as I know everything I need to know about learning styles and behaviourism I think I have a good chance of doing well.


So, for the learning style question, they want to know that you understand what a learning style is and the different concepts of using them within educational settings, and this question also wants you to focus particularly on the disadvantages that using learning styles could give to a young child and schools.


The behaviourism question wants you to give a clear explanation of what behaviourism is and then is focused on how behaviourism techniques are used within the classroom.
So, they are quite different questions, but I like this because I have not yet mixed any of the theorists up in the wrong question and I think that this is purely because the questions I have picked are so different.


I hope these last two posts have given you a good insight into what you should expect for your end of first year exams!

No comments:

Post a Comment